It’s that time again – Q City Metro
Property tax bills are due on Sept. 1 and must be paid by Jan 5. 2023 to avoid interests.
All payments made on Jan. 6 will have a 2% interest rate with an additional 0.75% for February and every following month.
Ways you can pay:
- Online: Visit this website to pay via credit, debit, or eCheck.
- By phone: Dial toll-free at 1-800-994-1026
- Mailing: Mail a check or money order and paystub with the return envelope on your bill.
- In-person: Pay at the Office of the Tax Collector between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You can pay via cash, credit/debit card, money order, or a check payable to the Mecklenburg County Tax Collector.
- Online Banking: While not recommended for tax payments, online payments can be made by entering the entire 24-digit tax bill number must be entered in the online bill pay account number field.
Why isn’t online banking recommended?:
- Any interest due to a rejected payment cannot be removed from the tax bill. Accepted payments from the bank may take up to four business days before being applied to the tax bill.
- If the 24-digit tax bill number is incorrect, the payment will be rejected and returned to the bank, and a new tax bill number will be needed for a new payment.
What if I have an escrow?:
Those with escrow accounts will have their property tax bills sent directly to the mortgage holder for payment. The account holder will receive a property tax notification from the Office of the Tax Collector.
Stay informed with news and events that impact Charlotte’s Black communities.
What if I have trouble paying?
Come August, anyone struggling to pay their bill contact the Office of the Tax Collector. It is encouraged that those struggling to pay do not wait until Dec. or until a bill is delinquent in sharing concerns about their ability to pay.